Sunday 30 October 2011

My Low GL Pancakes

Lately I can't be bothered with recipes.
I'm bored on keeping an eye on quantities and sequences...so I have decided to improvise. There are just a few cooking methods in the end, and those who invented any recipe were just experimenting themselves, right?

So why not me experimenting too? You can always add to any food some more salt , or sugar, and make it edible...

I have started a while ago my experiment period with soups...I'll share them in a post...
But this morning I thought: Pancakes

Recipe? No way..just go with the flow :-)

some whole flour - not too much, not too little, just imagine that how much you put there will get into your stomach this morning...feel how hungry you are and you know when to stop pouring.

add an egg - my mom told me that the egg is the one that makes ingredients stay together...and we need the pancakes to stay in one place in the pan.

then add milk...until it gets thin as cream....they say...too thin for my taste...I don't want a thin pancake...so I should add some more flour...but I change my mind...I'll add some sesame seeds...still not thick enough...mmmm...I'll add some oats....mixing I add until I think it's the right thickness.

Now pan, a little olive oil, when hot I add a ladle of batter in the middle of the pan...wait one minute maybe, turn it on the other side for another minute...done.

repeat the pan stuff until the batter ends...and here they are, my very low GL, no preservatives or nasty things (bag oils, bad E's), fresh, good smelling, yummi...





who needs recipes???

- on top maybe some honey and cinnamon...

No comments:

Post a Comment