Wednesday 25 July 2012

Guacamole - yummiest

You can read everywhere about how good avocados are for you.

But I simply was not able to start myself to eat it.

It tasted strange.

I tricked myself by adding some chunks of avocados in a normal salad, and as it borrowed the tastes from the other vegetables, I hardly noticed it.

I have tried once some guacamole from the shop...aiii it tasted so awful, that I gave up buying it.

Today, I had to make a decision: having bought a pack of 4 avocados, not making too much salads lately to use them, must make up my mind: do I throw them away (and this is something I really hate to do) or I give guacamole another chance - and make some myself.

Found a fast recipe in Nigel Denby's book:

one bunch of coriander (me didnt have any)
1 clove garlic - he says optional , I say you must use it!
1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
dash of tabasco ( I had none - so no idea what it does for the dish)
15 ml lemon juice (didnt have any so not used it)
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
2 avocados (I had to use 3)

Just blend them and it's done.

For my taste, I had to add salt (maybe that's because I did not have lemon juice).

Done!


add some toast 

Home made guacamole

......and the taste was AWEEEEESOME...

I am a guacamole fan!
I confess: I am a guacamole addict!


Reference:
Nigel Denby (2005) - "The 7 day GL diet", Harper Thorsons, p.114

2 comments:

  1. I totally agree on the garlic !!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wohooo...you have no choice but agree with garlic! thanks :-)

    ReplyDelete