Tuesday 14 December 2010

Healthy eating at work?

I was much too lazy this morning, so i left home without preparing my lunch box.

The hungers understands nothing about my lazyness, so I have to find a solution...and very quick....when I'm hungry I'm a beast.

A visit to our neighbours - Sainsbury's  - gives me a few options - some sandwiches, wrapps, salads...I usually go for them....mmm not today.

I want to see if I can make something healthier and with a better taste than the of-the-shelf offers.

So...let's see: one cucumber, some tomatoes...aaa, and a few slices of breaded ham from the deli counter...some wholemeal full of seeds rolls (well their shape is square, but I don't remember know how they are called).

And slice the bread, put between some slices of cucumber and tomotoes and the ham....  and voila...



The result: undoubtedly healthy, fresh, no preservatives and three times tastier than Sainsbury's stuff.

Not bad for 5 minutes of shopping and 3 minutes of  preparing them.

What you see it's half of it. Don't need anything more to satisfy. The hunger, of course.

The only downside: it's a little dry, so you must have some water after...

No comments:

Post a Comment